What makes Washington Eastern Railroad different from other transloaders?
- Outstanding customer service and our responsiveness focused on the customer is our biggest asset.
What are you seeing in the market? When do you see markets coming back?
- When we have a vaccine for Covid-19, we believe growth will come back.
Are there any new projects or developments that Washington Eastern Railroad is working on now?
- There will be a new transload facility on the Geiger Spur to be built at the Spokane International Airport with rail access which should open in late 2021. The Spokane Airport Board will receive an $11.3 million federal grant for the project to develop vacant land into a freight hub connecting rail and road infrastructure. The grant awarded under the U.S. Transportation’s Better Utilizing Investment to Leverage Development (BUILD) program will help fund the construction of a new rail-truck transload facility at the airport.
What is your company currently doing in railcar storage?
- We are focused on increasing storage with our current customer base, and, we are also working with new customers to expand our network.
Is there something you would like to share with our members that people may not know about your company?
- Our group of railroads consist of the following companies with Western Railroad Builders being a rail/track construction company:
Click below to view information about Washington Eastern Railroad: