The Commtrex Exchange is designed to connect rail shippers and asset owners to storage facility providers through a direct introduction.
Shippers can request storage quotes from storage providers throughout the continent, on a 24/7 basis.
GAIN VISIBILITY ON STORAGE AVAILABILITY AND DEMAND
Providers can search on our maps for nearby storage facility locations and connect with providers to pursue storage deals.
ACCESS HISTORICAL STORAGE MARKET PRICING
Find the regional daily storage rates for unloaded & loaded general freight cars, and clean and hazmat/ residue tank cars--including the in/out fee per car.
TRACK STORAGE OFFERS AND TRANSACTIONS
Commtrex manages your interactions and tracks dates, locations, pricing, and quantity. It also alerts you to the other party's response.
Connecting Rail Asset Owners With Storage Yards, Available Facilities,
and railroads That Have Storage Capacity.
Commtrex Exchange helps you find storage yard locations and availability.
Commtrex updates the regional average storage prices in real time so you can better negotiate deals.
BECOMES A NETWORKING HUB
Commtrex connects you with helpful industry resources, expanding your network reach.
KEEPS YOU ORGANIZED
Commtrex simplifies the searching, connecting, and negotiating process with other parties.
STORAGE FACILITY BENEFITS
expands YOUR FACILITY'S exposure
Commtrex identifies your facility to Members who may not have been aware of your locations or provisions.
MONETIZES UNUSED SPACE
Commtrex allows you to quickly market unused storage, by listing rail line, availability, and location.
PROVIDES REGIONAL RATES
The current regional data helps your facility set pricing according to market based rates.
KEEPS YOU ORGANIZED
The Commtrex Exchange allows you to manage each location separately and/or in aggregate, by handling all of the deals associated with each location. You can track your deals within a simple and effective system.
USING THE STORAGE MARKETPLACE
COULDN'T BE EASIER
Four easy steps you help manage your storage needs:
1. Shipping companies create rail assets on Commtrex that display relevant offerings, such as:
- Asset type
- Discharge type
- Composition, coupler type, & average age
- Commodities carried
- Dimensions, including car length and weight
- Number of cars and needed services.
1. Storage facilities create and post storage locations including helpful details such as:
- Total capacity
- Facility type (plant/mining site, repair shop, short line, storage yard)
- Map plotting options by address or rail interchange
- Rail line details
- Location characteristics (suited for hazmat, track types, and services provided)
- Location specific documents for shippers
2. Once completed, shipping companies can run searches that will display results relevant to the rail asset type and location. Update your storage availability at any time by logging into The Exchange.
3. Results are displayed within a map, communicating storage facility information. If the shipper wants to engage, they ask to submit a storage offer, and the facility is immediately notified.
4. If the facility accepts the offer, a connection is made and contract negotiations begin.